testing in-post template
RIVERSIDE RAVENS FLOOR HOCKEY
RAVEN REPORT OCTOBER 2009
1. A hearty welcome back to all participants. Another floor hockey season is about to begin. Whether you are new to our program or have played in our league before, I hope our league meets your expectations. As a league, we put less emphasis on winning and more emphasis on the players having fun, getting plenty of exercise, developing a sense of fair play and sportsmanship and improving their floor hockey skills as the season progresses. We want the players to have a good time and look forward to coming to play each week of the season. We also want them to come back each year. Hopefully you as parents / grandparents share in our philosophy and help reinforce our philosophy with your child(ren).
2. The uniforms should be in by October 31st. The reason for the delay is due to the fact that we size each child individually and cannot put in the order until the registration is completed. By doing it this way the shirt order is delayed but the players have a much greater chance of getting a shirt that fits.
3. This year we went to five divisions, each divisions consisting of two grade levels rather than the three of previous seasons. The divisions are: Mite (JK-SK), Tyke(1-2), Junior(3-4), Intermediate(5-6) and Senior (7-8). Unfortunately the mite division was a little short of players and we could only form three teams. We do not like having an odd number of teams but we had no choice other than getting rid of the mite division entirely. We did not want to do this and opted to have a schedule that sees teams playing two out of three weeks during the season. Again, not ideal, but better than the alternative. As a result of playing less games, the mite division players will receive a partial refund.
4. Each league has a convenor that oversees a division. Any question or concerns should go through the convenor of your child’s(ren’s) division. A list of convenors will be posted on our bulletin board at the Riverside Baseball Centre.
5. We allow food and/or beverages to be taken into the gyms. In order to continue with this policy, we need your co-operation. Please dispose of your “garbage” into our refuse containers located outside the gyms. We are renters in this fine facility and we want to keep it as clean as possible. If you happen to spill a drink, please let us know so that we can mop it up as soon as possible.
6. Our bingo income (major source of revenue) has been declining rapidly. As a result, we will have a few fundraisers during the season at the Centre. Please support them as best as you can afford. The monies raised from our fundraisers go back directly into our program and helps to offset some of the costs of running our program. Our low registration ($75) has not changed for several seasons and we hope that we can offer this rate for future seasons as well.
7. Sport-fest.ca is our website address. Go to this website and click on our Ravens logo. Please visit our website to get the latest news and up to date information in regards to Riverside Floor Hockey. This will be the last newsletter that you will receive in paper form. The remainder of our newsletters and other important information will appear only on our website. If you do not have access to a computer, the newsletter and other important information will also be posted on our bulletin board at the Centre.
8. A big thank you to the coaches who have volunteered their time to coach. We realize that coaches are a vital component of any program and without you, our league would not exist. If you have any questions or concerns during the season, please do not hesitate to contact your convenor.
Ron Ottogalli, President