RIVERSIDE RAVENS FLOOR HOCKEY
RAVEN REPORT NOVEMBER 2007
1. A friendly reminder to coaches and parents that our program puts less emphasis
on winning and more on the players having fun, getting exercise and displaying
good sportsmanship. We want the players to want to come to floor hockey each
and every Saturday during the season. Parents should encourage their child(ren)
to do their best and always give positive reinforcement about their play. Coaches
should also stress the positive and treat each player fairly-equal playing time and
rotation of positions whenever possible. If a player wishes to play different
positions he/she should be given the opportunity. If a coach always put his best
players at center and keeping them on the floor most of the time. this would not
be fair not only to the other players on the team buy also this would not be fair to
the opposing team whose players are being rotated and being given equal playing
time. Winning is nice but should not be “the end all and be all”.
2. Your support of our weekly 50/50 draw is greatly appreciated. The funds raised
will go towards our wrap-up party at year end. Once again, thanks for your
continued support of our program.
3. We are carefully watching the scores of the games and will probably have to
make a few changes in some of the divisions. We need to do this in order to make
sure that there is a competitive balance in the league amongst the teams in each
4. We do not mind you enjoying your favorite beverage while watching the games
but please deposit your empty container(s) in the garbage. Also if you happen to
spill your beverage please let us know so we can clean up the area as soon as
5. If you have any concerns or suggestions please to not hesitate to talk to your
convenors. They will listen and take corrective action where deemed necessary.
We have already made some changes this year based on the feedback of the
coaches/parents. We want this league to be the best it can be!!!!!
6. If you are planning sport purchases please remember to use your National Sports
card.(given at registration). A percentage(5%) of each sale is donated back to our
organization. If you want a card, let us know.
7. We would like to thank the following sponsors for their financial contributions to
our floor hockey program.
Lou Myles. Crystalove Events, Colautti Floors, SportfestWindsor-Organ Donation
Awareness, Bob Reaume Sports, Riverside Optimists, Blue Flame Heating and
Cooling, Roma’s Pizza House and Restaurant, Local 444 Sports Club,
Fountainbleu/Roseville Optimist Club, Local 200 Youth Activities, Laser Transport,
Windsor-Riverside Minor Baseball, Knights of Columbus 1492, Riverside Baseball
Center, WFCU, Kinetic Konnection, FCF Custom Fab, Olsen Heating and Cooling
Products, Platinum Tool, Windsor Factory Supply