5165 Colbourne Drive
Windsor, ON N8T 1T6
Part of our mission is to help those in need of financial assistance in the Windsor – Essex County community who fit with Sport Fest Windsor’s mission and priorities. Please read the sections “Eligibility for Funds”, “Eligible Expenses”, “Exclusions for Eligibility” and importantly, “Conditions”. Once you determine you fit our profile and agree with the Conditions, you may fill out the form at the bottom of this page and submit this application.
Our Mission Statement
To promote organ & tissue donation awareness through sporting, cultural and entertainment events while encouraging everyone to improve their health and wellness through active living.
Eligibility for Funds
To be eligible for funding, we look at several parameters but it is not limited to the following:
- Individuals: Windsor – Essex County organ and tissue transplant donors, recipients and/or their families
- Organizations: Windsor – Essex County non-profit and registered charitable organizations
- Organizations: Windsor – Essex County sporting organizations
- Those actively seeking other sources of funding
- Those able to provide proof of financial responsibility, if requested
- There is evidence of need for the service, project or organization in our community
- There is evidence of financial need from yourself or organization to accomplish your goal
- Evidence of a clear goal and expected outcomes
- Fit with Sport Fest Windsor’s mission and priorities
- Individuals: Personal or health-related living expenses
- Organizations: New or special projects/programs/events
- Organizations: Operating costs
Exclusions for Eligibility
- Activities restricted to people of specific religious or ethnic groups
- Debt retirement
- Agencies which primarily fund other organizations
- Capital costs
- In the event that the funds are not used for the project or programs as described in the application, or if there are misrepresentations in the application, the full amount of the financial assistance may be repayable to Sport Fest Windsor.
- If there are any changes in the funding of the project from that contemplated in the application, Sport Fest Windsor must be notified.
- Organizations will make or continue to make attempts to secure funding from other sources.
- Organizations will keep proper books of accounts of all receipts and expenditures relating to the project or program and provide a yearly report of how the funds were spent and outcomes.
- By funding your request, Sport Fest Windsor requires that you assist us in our mission to raise more awareness of the important need for organ and tissue donation. It is important that as many of the following ways (but not limited to these) be implemented and documentation of such must be received in your yearly report to us:
- Display Sport Fest Windsor banners at games, tournaments and events
- Display our stickers on helmets and / or other equipment that is noticed during the event
- Be a member of our monthly email newsletter and forward our emails to friends, relatives and associates
- Participate in other Sport Fest Windsor organ donation awareness events
- Volunteer at Sport Fest Windsor events
- Honor our policies and guidelines at Sport Fest Windsor events
It is then important to discuss your wishes with your family.