RIVERSIDE RAVENS FLOOR HOCKEY
RAVEN REPORT MARCH 2009
1. The last day for floor hockey is Saturday March 28th. The regular schedule will
be followed with a little get together after the games. Hopefully all participants
enjoyed their experience playing floor hockey this past season and we hope to see
you back next season. Please tell your friends about our league.
2. Registration for next season will take place on September 12th and 19th from
10am-2pm at the Riverside Baseball Center. Please read and keep the registration flyer to be handed out on the last day. For up to date information during the “off
season” please go to our website-sport-fest.ca and click on our raven icon. If you
wish to contact us before next season call 226-788-4817(local call).
3. The Board of Directors of Riverside Floor Hockey would like to thank the
coaches for their commitment and dedication to our program this year. Without
coaches our program would not exist. Coaching applications for next year will be
available at registration in September.
4. Please support our sponsors whenever possible. The monies from our sponsors
help us to meet some of our costs of operating this league. As you know our
expenses dictate the registration fee to play in our league. The money that we can
raise from outside sources will help us to keep our registration fee as low as
5. The registration fee for next season is unknown at this time. Our main source of
fundraising (bingos) continues to decline. Obviously it is the registration fee that
supplies most of the needed monies to operate our league. Our aim is to offer the
lowest price possible without suffering a loss. Our expenses(facility rental,
referees, equipment and uniforms) and sources of revenue (bingos, sponsors, and
registration fee) will dictate the registration fee. We have been able to keep the
fee at $75 for a couple of years and we will do our best to keep our fees as low
6. There is a new floor hockey league(Windsor Floor Hockey) operating out of the
WFCU Center on Tuesday nights. Players from grade nine and up are eligible to
play in this league. For more information you can go to their website-simply type
in Windsor Floor Hockey in any search engine and you will be able to access their
site for more information.
7. Also at our registration next year referee applications will be available. If you
would like us to consider you as a potential referee, please come to our
registration and fill in an application form.
8. If you have suggestions on how we can improve our program do not hesitate to
contact any board member or call 226-788-4817. Our board is always looking at
ways to improve our league and all suggestions are considered.
9. Thanks for a great season. We hope to see you back next year.
Your Friendly Board of Directors
Ron Ottogalli, Bill McKay, Ken Bondy, Louis Trudell, Gerry McMurdie, Tony
Mazzotta, Tim Hamilton