RIVERSIDE RAVENS FLOOR HOCKEY
RAVEN REPORT MARCH 2008
1. Our second season of floor hockey has come to an end. Although we have had some minor problems during the season, we, as a board, feel that the season has gone very well. We will not rest on our laurels. We are always looking at ways to improve our floor hockey program. If you have any ideas to help us improve our program please do not hesitate to contact any Board member. We will listen to your suggestions and as a board decide whether or not to adopt your suggestions. The decisions that we make are for the betterment of the league as a whole.
2. Registration will take place on September 13th and 20th at the Riverside Baseball Center from 10am-3pm. This year we tried to accommodate all registrants and this posed problems during the season. We might have had too many teams in certain divisions. As a result, at times, teams were short of players and we even had to drop one team in the intermediate division and disperse the players amongst the other remaining teams. This is not a desirable situation and do not want to do this next season. The date and time of each registrant will be noted on the application form and may become very important. If we have to limit players in a certain division, the date and time of registration will be considered in forming teams in that particular division.
3. We would like to thank the coaches for their dedication and commitment during the season. The program would not exist without your efforts. To overcome some coaching problems that existed during this past season , we will have a mandatory pre-season coaches meeting to explain/discuss the rules, and go over our coaches code of conduct. We only want coaches who believe that fair play, good sportsmanship and skill development should be stressed much more than winning the game. We want the players to have fun and want to look forward to playing week in and week out. Coaching applications will be available at registration time.
4. We may be in need of referees for next season. Applications will be available at registration time. A good work ethic is the main requirement. Also, having played the game would be a definite asset. We will provide you with the proper training before the season begins.
5. We now have access to a website. You can access this site in two ways: Type in www.sportfestwindsor.org or type in Sport Fest Windsor in a search engine. When you get to the site , you will notice our logo in the left hand column. Click on our logo and you will be able to access our league information. Sportfest Windsor is a local organization promoting organ donation awareness. We would like to thank this organization for allowing us to be a link on their website.
6. We would also like to thank the parents for your support throughout the season. Hopefully your experience and that of your child(ren) has been a positive one and you will register your child(ren) again next year in our program. Our registration flyer for next season is included with this newsletter.
7. In closing we would be like to give a big thank you to our sponsors. Their financial support is greatly appreciated and helps to defray some of the costs of running our program.. The sponsors have helped us out with a financial contribution you can help them out by using their services/products. Sometimes you may not be able to actually “buy” from them, but maybe you can send them a letter thanking them for sponsoring our program.
SPONSORS FOR 2007-08 SEASON
Roma’s Pizza and Restaurant, Laser Transport, Windsor Family Credit Union,Windsor Factory Supply, Local 200 Youth Activities, Local 444 Sports Club, Sport-fest Windsor-Organ Donation Awareness, Platinum Tool, Olsen Heating and Cooling Products, Blue Flame Heating and Cooling, Crystalove Events, Kinetic Konnection, Colautti Floors, Riverside Optimist Club, Roseville/Fontainbleu Optimist Club, Riverside Baseball Center, Windsor-Riverside Minor Baseball Association, Bob Reaume Sports, Knights Of Columbus 1492, Lou Myles, FCF Custom Fab
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Ron Ottogalli, Ken Bondy, Lou Trudell, GerryMcMurdie, Tony Mazzotta, Tim Hamilton, BillMcKay